Nebelung Fur Balls are the Worst of All

Nona has been dry coughing for months. Our vet says it's fur balls. We've lubed her with Laxatone for days on end. We purchased a Furminator comb and still she wheezes. Her waste has always been in small pieces, and hard. (The vet says this is a sign of fur balls.) So Nona, now age eight years, is suffering from her own Nebelung fur.

Her Nebelung fur gets dense and strong when wet. I've described her fur as being like cement when it gets wet. I didn't realize just how correct I was...

Wish us luck in clearing her fur balls because the last resort option is surgery. And we definitely don't want to go there.

Sincerely,
Nerissa

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nerissa,

    I just found your blog and my heart skipped a beat. I see that you have not posted in a while, so maybe somehow you will get this comment.
    I used to be a proud owner of a Nebelung cat up to a few days ago, when we lost our boy due to illness.
    I was wondering if you have any knowledge where to find a breeder? There seem to be only two registered breeders in the whole US, but no one has so far responded to my requests.
    If you have any info, please share. I will stop by soon.

    Thank you, and enjoy your beautiful Nebelung cat. Aren't they special?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss.

    Also, I don't have any information about breeders.
    Best wishes,
    Nerissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had inherited a cat from someone my sister had met & never knew what it was. Just happened to be flipping channels & caught the show just before your segment came on. As soon as I saw the face of the cat I told my wife, 'that looks like our cat'! Watching the rest of the segment confirmed that Grayson was an nebelung! Thanks for doing the show. I am sure we aren't the only ones that discovered we have a special breed of cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We Inherited a cat from someone my sister had met & never knew what kind of breed it was. Happened to be flipping channels the other night & caught the show just before your segment started. When I saw the cat face on tv I told my wife "that looks like our cat!" Watching the rest of the segment confirmed that Grayson was a nebelung! So glad you did the segment. Ours tends to be a little fiesty & will bite sometimes, not sure if that is because he is still getting used to us since he was older when we got him. Glad to know our family has a special breed of cat.

    ReplyDelete